[SEL] Legal Ownership

Dave Rotigel rotigel at me.com
Mon Jul 1 18:24:03 PDT 2013

Hi Curt,
	You asked for legal advice and so far all you have gotten (from what I can see) is opinion and moral advice. While worthwhile, it's NOT what you asked for! The answer to your question is that the time period varies from state to state. Further, in some states, it varies dependent upon the value (or the amt. paid for) of the item. Only someone knowledge of the law in your state (and the state of the buyer) can give you a reasoned opinion in answer to your question!
	Dave
PS, On a happier note: If he has no record of the sale (i.e. a receipt, etc) and if you are willing to lie under oath, you are free to do as you wish!
PPS, The fact that the government now has a record of the sale (proven by your first post) may cause you to reconsider my first "PS".