[SEL] Legal Ownership

Steve W. swilliams268 at frontier.com
Mon Jul 1 13:27:47 PDT 2013

cgandree at mchsi.com wrote:
> Need some words of wisdom on ownership from the group. Several months
> ago I sold a 9N Ford Tractor with some accessories to a guy. He paid
> cash the day of the sale and agreed to come back for the
> bucket/loader & two bottome plow.  To date he has not made any
> attempt to return nor contact me as promised. Have left several
> messages on his voice mail but not heard back. Also when I wrote him
> the receipt of the purchase I included his address of which I stopped
> by same the other day and discovered by the current person residing
> that no one knew of him. So now I have no way to find out where he
> lives to send him notice. My question is is there a legal period of
> time on who owns the accesories? I had heard after some period of
> time the ownership goes back to the seller if items are not claimed
> by the buyer. Thank you in advance. Curt Andree

Well there are two methods. One do the leg work yourself and try to find
the guy.

OR - Send a registered letter to the address. When/If it comes back as
non-deliverable then contact your local police department and explain
the situation and ask if they can trace him in regards to abandoned
property.

The clock starts ticking when you send the letter. Then the limit
depends on your area but it usually ranges from 60-90 days.

--
Steve W.