[SEL] Sad News - Jerry Evans

Judge Tommy Turner lcjudge at scrtc.com
Tue Jun 5 10:54:23 PDT 2012

This is very sad news Arnie.  I'm like most on the List, I never met Jerry
in person but considered him a good friend through our many conversations.

About 3 or 4 years ago Jerry donated a couple of entries for the making of a
brass plate to the ATIS Charity Auction. I purchased them both.  I told
Jerry I really didn't need any plates made and just consider it a donation
to the ATIS auction.  From time to time he would contact me and mention that
he wanted to make some plates so he could square up.  I told him there was
no need and he would always say "but I really want to".

In the fall he contacted me and said he really wanted to make me a plate as
soon as possible.  I guess he knew his health was becoming a problem.  I
told him I had an engine that needed a plate and he was thrilled.  I
mentioned that the plate I needed would be oversize so we could consider the
making of it to count for the 2 I had purchased.  I sent him a scan of an
original and in about a month the new plate arrived.  It was perfect.

It means even more to me now than just a nice ID plate on an engine.

As Jerry would always say with his email sign off "Keep the revs up...(or
down)"

His website:  http://www.oldengine.org/members/evans/plates/index.htm

Tommy Turner
Magnolia, KY