[SEL] (Maybe O.T.) Selling my brass plates on e-Bay

Russell russell at ncable.com.au
Sun Sep 11 15:08:39 PDT 2011

Jerry within ebay rules the most important thing to remember the ebay sale/listing is yours! You can within reason do what ever you want. If you piss ebay off you wont go to gaol; you just get an ebay slap and maybe have your listing pulled. There are shit loads of sellers directing folks to other web pages. The price you list for is totally up to you. If you are happy with a set price buy it now would be fine. Ebay and paypal cost; nothing you can do about it. But if it gets your product out their then it could well be worth looking into. what does it cost to advertise in the engine magazines? I know you can place one free add each TOMM if you subscribe to it? Not sure what the policy of the UK mag is or the SEM. This could put your plates directly to the engine collectors?

My opinion only! You might struggle to sell many common plates. Although maybe not expensive in relation to the work you do, the common plate maybe seen not worthy of spending $$ on to the common engine collector. Engines less common but desirable might get more interest. (my opinion only) eg: You would struggle to sell a repo ronnie N badge but no troubles with a united badge, famous or the like.

2. tell them in your add/listing that you make to order!

3. something in stock would sell easier than something being ordered

regards Russell