[SEL] OT - truck question

jlb94 at juno.com jlb94 at juno.com
Sat Jun 25 18:59:11 PDT 2011

I'm sure you're right, Rich.
I don't believe I will ever buy a new truck.
The last "new" truck I bought was in 1972.  I ordered it with "No Power Options" - No power steering - power windows - Brakes - nothing power.  And - I would do it again if I were to buy a new truck.  But, probably wouldn't be able to.
On the subject of trucks - - - I was coming home tonight from Moundsville, WV using I-70.
Coming East, out of WV, there is this long hill with a truck lane to the right.  I was in that lane and hit a terribly deep pothole.  It got me swearing like a drunk sailor.  Not bad enough, I hit another as I passed Cabellas' entrance.  Then - - - I smelled burning clutch? - Transmission?.  Then my steering started getting stiff.   Oh no !  It was ME BURNING !!!  I stopped to check, opened the hood and there was power steering fluid ALL OVER the engine compartment !!!
Further exam revealed a broken Power Steering Cooler just behind the grill.  I can only guess that the slam of the pothole on the steering, caused enough force to break this little radiator.
If anyone travels I-70 - Be Aware !

Joe "Pip" Betz said that.
jlb94 at juno.com - - - www.oldengine.org/members/betz
 ,-._,-.      http://community.webshots.com/user/pipbetz
 \/)"(\/      Pittsburgh - Half the time it's cold - Half the time
 (_0_)         it's hot - And the other half, It's just miserable.