[SEL] OT - truck question

John Neth jneth3 at mac.com
Sun Jun 26 12:44:49 PDT 2011

To Tom

Tow switch helps in hilly areas, not so much for pulling but shifting between gears.   In upper east Tennessee the hills and 35 to 45 mph speeds have the truck shifting all the time.  Just replaced the transmission in my dads 1992 F150.  He was not gentle with it and the shifting klunked when it down shifted.  Highway I use the overdrive.
2002 Suburban has 240000 on it and same trans.  Lot of heavy pulling but at  highway speeds , little shifting.  Just my experience.  If I lived in flat land would never shift into tow/haul.

John

Sent from my iPhone