[SEL] Witte Eng help needed

Germoamer at aol.com Germoamer at aol.com
Sat Aug 13 08:13:09 PDT 2011

In a message dated 8/13/2011 6:57:34 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
cgandree at mchsi.com writes:

I am not sure if all the parts are there as someone prior have  stuck some
flat washers in with the trip arm spring,

Curt,

Lots of times you will find washers with the trip arm  springs.  For some
reason the springs were made short and the  washers were used to take all the
slack out of the spring, or even to slightly  compress it.  I asked someone
who had been in this business  for for a long time how come this was, and
he had no answer other than  that is the way it was done years ago.  Most all
of mine are shimmed  tight with the washers.

Tom  Schmutz
Concord, Va.
germoamer at aol.com