[SEL] Witte Eng help needed

Rick I. rdi at rochester.rr.com
Mon Aug 15 16:26:13 PDT 2011

> In a message dated 8/13/2011 6:57:34 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
> cgandree at mchsi.com writes:
>
> I am not sure if all the parts are there as someone prior have  stuck some
> flat washers in with the trip arm spring,

On a "Type #2" drive (if that's what you find you have), there is also a
long bolt that is hidden inside the center of the drive spring (that drives
the trip finger forward).  If this bolt backs out a little, everything with
the trip will LOOK like it's working just dandy when you spin the flywheels,
but it will in fact not snap forward fast enough to produce a spark.

-Rick I.