[SEL] Witte Eng help needed

Arnie Fero fero_ah at city-net.com
Sat Aug 13 07:10:15 PDT 2011

Hi Curt,

Download a manual for the EK mag from one of the sites like Internal Fire
or Jerry Evans.  It has great directions and sketches for all of the
different types of EK trip.

Also if you download a manual for the Witte it will show you how to use a
stick (or other straightedge) to line-up the timing marks on the flywheel
rim with the top of the water hopper.

One other comment...  Sometimes I've found that when I've had EK mag
trouble, it's helped to replace the springs in the trip.  If you tell any
of the "mag guys" which type of trip you have they can send you the
correct springs.

See ya,  Arnie