[SEL] OT-OT- air lines in shop?

jbcast at charter.net jbcast at charter.net
Fri Oct 29 22:22:20 PDT 2010

I would consider pvc air lines one of the biggest mistakes I've made in my shop. Several times a year we were shut down when a pipe broke because someone pulled on a hose too hard or it got caught on a vehicle or something fell against it. My oldest son replaced it all with iron one summer when he was in college. No problems or lost time since and I feel lucky that no one was hurt with the shrapnel.
If you can set it up with a rise in the pipe away from the compressor so the moisture drains back, put a tee and drains at the hose connections as mentioned. In a home system moisture won't be as critical becasue it runs less.
J.B. Castagnos