[SEL] OT-OT- air lines in shop?

Mark Shulaw frappi at wcoil.com
Fri Oct 29 21:04:18 PDT 2010

Hi Bill,
  If you are on a budget, CPVC plastic.  I have run CPVC water line
without a problem. Its whats in my garage and a few others I have
helped put up and or seen put up. Some of them way larger then your
shop.   But I would suggest you don't pressurize over 130 psi. to be
on the safe side. Although I have seen it in use up to 170.   But I
feel thats pushing the limits of safety. Plastic also dissipates heat
nicely, not as nice as copper buttttt. Where we tee off to do an ait
drop we point  the T up then a nipple then a Ell and nipple again out
then a Ell down for the drop. Slope the line back towards the
compressor slightly so the water does not built up in the line and
can be drained out the drop leg there. Put drop legs in each of your
drops too.    Mark