[SEL] Jacks Small Engines

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Wed Nov 17 09:52:27 PST 2010

Hi Guys,
         Has anyone dealt with Jacks Small Engines - what are they like ??

         I'm having a bit of a problem placing an order with them for a few
Briggs parts. Are they normally good to deal with or difficult? Or maybe
I'm just having a problem because I'm from Africa (and they do not know
where that is) :-(

         Don't suggest their online store to me as that's where the problem
began !! As with many businesses in the USA they use UPS (but also offer
USPS) and do not deliver to P.O.Box numbers. In Africa things are different
and the only delivery option I have is to a box number. There is NO Street
postal delivery available in my area - we all use P.O.Box No's.
         (I've "got through to their skulls"  on that part and they agree
to send by USPS (where a P.O.Box No. is acceptable).)

         When I try their online store I can only get as far as the address
part and it will not accept the P.O.Box No.

         They also offer a "print out and mail in form" but when I e-mail
this to them it seems to confuse them (how can a "mail in" form come by
e-mail  ????) and I get an e-mail back from them saying I must use their
online store or Toll Free telephone number - no amount of explaining the
problem to them seems to be "sinking in" to the woman I'm dealing with. She
also does not understand that the "Toll Free No." is only toll free in the
USA and an international call to it would cost more than the parts I need.

         I have written long explanations but she seems not to read them or
understand them (I think my English is quite understandable !!)

         Alternatively can anyone suggest a better supplier for Briggs
parts (piston rings, gaskets, carb kit etc.). I also looked at Tulsa
Warehouse but they only ship to the continental USA.

         Many thanks.

Keep the revs up (or down)
Jerry Evans
<www.oldengine.org/members/evans/plates/index.htm>