[SEL] Fairbanks Morse RR Motorcar Engine

Ralph Holt rehot at msn.com
Sat May 22 17:10:56 PDT 2010

Hi Richard,

The problem is, these bearing shells are brass with what I presume to be a heavy overlay of babbitt on them. The babbitt is pretty much gone on one of the shells and the crank pin has been running on the brass.

I am needing to get this babbitt put back on again.

You can see them in the pictures here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/108843557668119866536/FAIRBANKSMORSERRENGINES?authkey=Gv1sRgCOOj557l4vj6UA&feat=directlink

If you scroll down a bit in the photos you will see the badly worn bearing shell that has most of the babbitt gone, I'm holding it in my hand.

Ralph