[SEL] 7 HP Economy Hit and Miss Kerosene engine

Keith Kinney kkinney at herculesengines.com
Wed Mar 17 20:20:53 PDT 2010

Last October I purchased a 7 HP Economy Hit and Miss Kerosene engine in Pennsylvania.  The seller arranged to have it delivered to the Fall Coolspring show where Tommy Turner picked it up and hauled it back to KY for me.  A couple of weeks ago I made a trip to Tommy's and retrieved the engine.  Last weekend we had a chance to play with it and got her running.  It is a very early engine made in 1914 with the rolled water hopper top, gasoline starting tank on the side of the block and lunkenheimer 3 valve mixer.  I still need to mount the Elkhart magneto and decide what to do about the paint job and cart.  Here is a video of it running last night after a little more tinkering.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIPfN3dSVB8

Now all I need is a 12 HP Economy to complete the set. :-)

Keith

Keith Kinney
kkinney at herculesengines.com
WWW.HerculesEngines.com