[SEL] Alan C. King advertisement books

Larry Evans lfevans at pacbell.net
Mon Mar 15 17:42:16 PDT 2010

Hi.......

The Alan King books are a good resource for engine information but with 8
separate volumes, each with their own index they are sometimes a little
tedious to use.  About 20 years ago when I got my first computer (Apple
IIe) I embarked on a project of making a combined and expanded index of the
whole series in one volume.  I did it primarily as an exercise in learning
about computers and their software in general and specifically how to use
the data base program.  Besides just copying the original index from each
volume my brother and I looked at each individual ad and made separate
entries entries if there was an engine model name different from the
manufacturer so the ads are cross referenced also.  It ended up being about
25 pages long and the same size and shape at the King volumes.

At that time we had some of them printed up and I still have a few
left.  If you have most or all of the books and I haven't sent you one in
the past I would be glad to send you one.  If you are interested contact me
OFF LIST and we can work out the details.  My email address is in my
signature below.

Larry Evans

Larry Evans
MailTo:LFEVANS at pacbell.net