[SEL] My 2 cents worth

Best, George George_Best at adp.com
Fri Feb 19 14:59:06 PST 2010

I bought one of the testers years ago when Ed offered them.  I admit I'd forgotten I even had it until Ed/Elden mentioned them in an earlier posting this year.  Mine is sitting out in the shop someplace, I think I saw it a few months ago.  When I first got it I used it a few times, but was mostly a novelty item rather than anything I used.

When I had a magneto charger handy, it was quick and simple to recharge a magneto if it was questionable.  Never did record the readings I got.

Might have to find it again and test some of my magnetos and see what sort of numbers I get.  Of course if the numbers vary a lot for each point tested it may not be of much value.  Might have to pick the same spot on each magnet and just use the numbers for that location.

Don't hold your breath waiting for me to post results as it might be awhile.

George

Ps. Will be quicker than Arnie ;-)