[SEL] My 2 cents worth

Ed Stoller edstoller at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 19 14:23:27 PST 2010

I am a little late here, just back from a trip.

The kits ( about 15 of them) I distributed look like those in the earlier
link, http://www.coolmagnetman.com/magmeter.htm , but made with a PC board.
I do have a bag of some less sensitive sensors as I found the ones we used
too sensitive. The most recent use of mine was for mapping the ignition
trigger magnets on an Onan engine.

The original idea of measuring magneto magnets was a bust as those charging
the magnets would stick them to an iron beam, pull them off and know if the
magnet was charged or not. I think we might look at the idea of measuring
the magnetism of the magnets when still installed in a magneto so we would
not have to disturb the magnets that were good.

Ed Stoller
New Fairfield, CT
http://home.earthlink.net/~edstoller/