[SEL] Totally "Off Topic" question.

Joe Prindle joe_prindle2001 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 22 16:07:44 PDT 2010

No, I am runner up. As soon as I posted that reply, I got an offlist email from Ken Christison  saying it was the Spike Jones rendition of "Chloe". Ken said he had been trying to send a reply to the list with a link to a Youtube video of it, but his emails wouldn't go through. So, Ken gets the kudos and I am in good company as a runner up.
I was a weird kid, which should come as no surprise to those who really know me, and I used to listen to the radio on Tuesday nights when the Dr. Demento show was on. It was there I first heard Spike Jones. I think I was about 13 when I bought a couple of Spike Jones 78's at the Baraboo show flea market. That got me started in collecting 78's and cylinders and the machines that play them. Just like our old engines, the prices of good phonographs with good original horns, have skyrocketed since the early 80's when I got into the hobby. I wish I would not have passed up all the stuff that a $100 dollar bill would once buy, "saying it would never be worth that".
C'est La Vie,
Joe

Joe Prindle
Baraboo, WI USA
"All I ask is the chance to prove that money can't make me happy." Spike Milligan