[SEL] Totally "Off Topic" question.

Elden DuRand edurand at mchsi.com
Thu Apr 22 17:25:45 PDT 2010

Joe:

You and Ken can share the kudos!

I, too, was a wierd kid.  I liked Spike Jones and later, Stan Freeburg and still have some of their records.

A few years ago, I used a piece of Spike's "Dance of The Hours" in an answering machine outgoing message.  It was the part with the gunshots (I announced a little musical interlude so they could compose their message).  People would call for a legitimate business purpose then, everybody in their offices had to hear what made the caller laugh so much.  I had to retire that message after only a few days as the machine constantly filled-up with people calling to hear the message.  MOst of what I got was laughs and hang-ups.

Sometimes, being inventive has it's shortcomings.

Take care - Elden
edurand at mchsi.com
http://www.oldengine.org/members/durand