[SEL] Spam> Conundrum/Puzzle/Stumped

Bruce Younger sluggo54 at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 7 11:50:33 PDT 2009

“Long pipe on the end of socket breaker bar may move or wring it off.

Also, how about drilling it with different size bits till it comes out. Got the

same set up for my bike rack with the threaded bolt and lock pin.

Tom  Schmutz

Concord,  Va.

germoamer at AOL.com” Hi, Tom, The bolt will turn.  It just won’t go anywhere!  It’s like the bolt is missing threads somewhere in the middle of the threaded section, and is too buggered to start again.  The drill may have it…  I might also drill the adapter out (it is some sort of glass-filled composite) and hacksaw the bolt on both sides, INSIDE the receiver. BHY

 “Well if I understand what you have it sounds like you need some HEAT.

Heat the threaded section of steel and then use a good socket and

breaker bar on the bolt. Once out chase the threads OR bore the entire

thing out so a standard pin will fit through it.

--

Steve W.” Steve, I am reluctant to heat it, as I don’t know what sort of fumious stuff that might issue forth from the composite adapter, or maybe even a good fire.I have thoroughly irritated myself, though, by ruining a $20 tool on the project, and buying more that haven’t got the job done.  Anyone have a sawzall handy?

Bruce Younger

05G HHC 313 RR Bn 3/67-4/68

Madison, SD

sluggo54 at hotmail.com

"There is no hunting like the hunting of a man and those that have hunted
armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."

E. Hemingway