[SEL] Steam & Engine website rebirth

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Wed Oct 7 10:25:59 PDT 2009

At 06:00 PM 07/10/2009, you wrote:
>Message: 2
>From: pjp08 at steamengine.com.au
>Subject: [SEL] Steam & Engine website rebirth
>
>Hi all,
>My Steam & Engine web site has been migrating over the last month from
>Paul Evan's server to a hosted system in Australia. At the same time it
>has migrated from hand built HTML to a content management system called
>Joomla.
>
>About 75% of the content has now migrated across.
>
>I'd appreciated feedback on the look and feel of the site and for you all
>to add your related clubs and societies to the new directory as I'm
>leaving that migration to last to ensure I have the most up to date
>information possible.
>
>Another request is for you to review the SEL FAQ which has been migrated
>intact. Many of the answers there are between 3 and 10 years old. Things
>may have changed and may need to be updated.
>
>General site
>http://www.steamengine.com.au/
>
>Direct to the FAQ
>http://www.steamengine.com.au/index.php/ic/faq
>
>If your questions/comments/feedback are about the site plese send to me
>directly off list. If you want to discuss something about the FAQ then on
>list is probably best.
>On the FAQ, I'm seeking an icon or picture to represent each FAQ item. If
>you have something suitable that you can give me the rights to use please
>let me know. Remember this is your FAQ.
>Unlike the old site, I can grant the rights to contribute articles and
>pictures directly. Contact me offlist if you're interested.
>Regards
>Paul

Hi Paul,
         I had a quick look - congratulations, it looks very good - very
professional.

         Are you looking for info on clubs worldwide or just Aus?

         Have you got a "Links" page (as mentioned it was a "quick look")
if so could you add mine "Old Engines in South Africa"
<www.oldengine.org/members/evans/index.htm>

Keep the revs up (or down)
Jerry Evans
<www.oldengine.org/members/evans/plates/index.htm>