[SEL] Steam & Engine website rebirth

pjp08 at steamengine.com.au pjp08 at steamengine.com.au
Tue Oct 6 18:14:06 PDT 2009

Hi all,
My Steam & Engine web site has been migrating over the last month from
Paul Evan's server to a hosted system in Australia. At the same time it
has migrated from hand built HTML to a content management system called
Joomla.

About 75% of the content has now migrated across.

I'd appreciated feedback on the look and feel of the site and for you all
to add your related clubs and societies to the new directory as I'm
leaving that migration to last to ensure I have the most up to date
information possible.

Another request is for you to review the SEL FAQ which has been migrated
intact. Many of the answers there are between 3 and 10 years old. Things
may have changed and may need to be updated.

General site
http://www.steamengine.com.au/

Direct to the FAQ
http://www.steamengine.com.au/index.php/ic/faq

If your questions/comments/feedback are about the site plese send to me
directly off list. If you want to discuss something about the FAQ then on
list is probably best.

On the FAQ, I'm seeking an icon or picture to represent each FAQ item. If
you have something suitable that you can give me the rights to use please
let me know. Remember this is your FAQ.

Unlike the old site, I can grant the rights to contribute articles and
pictures directly. Contact me offlist if you're interested.

Regards
Paul