[SEL] Lister 5-1 progress/ it's first show

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Sun Nov 29 12:15:59 PST 2009

Hi John,
         Thanks for the pics and links - I have saved them.
         One question. On the inlet port yours has what looks like a
silencer (and certainly "something" that was never original). Was this an
"owner added" unit. There is no reason that a "muffler" would not fit here
and probably work quite well. These engines were never supplied (by Lister)
with an "air cleaner" - it was an "optional extra".
         I enjoyed your video - especially the part where you added some
lumber to hold it in place - you obviously did read my original post about
mine "racing" at it's first start. Quite frightening.
         You should keep these posts "on list" - because they are "engine
related" and help to keep the lists active - that's what we are all about!!
         I'm taking the liberty of replying to the lists (of course,
without the attached pics) and not directly to you. The link to Youtube
will be visible below.

Keep the revs up (or down)
Jerry Evans
<www.oldengine.org/members/evans/plates/index.htm>

At 01:34 AM 28/11/2009, you wrote:
>Jerry,
>
>Well done.
>
>Attached are a few shots of my Lister before I bought it.
>
>Also, a link to it on YouTube.com. I'm the camera man and asking the
>questions.
>
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cK89maKIhoY
>
>Regards,
>
>Archibald