[SEL] OT. Brake fluids

Jim Hardman Jim at hardmanfamily.net
Mon May 18 18:42:28 PDT 2009

Rob, are these fluids really compressible?  No entrained gas bubblets?  Not
many liquids really compress.  The whole world of hydraulics relies on near
incompressibility and brake systems are a good example.

Perhaps I'm showing my ignorance, but I'm surprised that any gas-free
liquids compress.

Elastomeric rubber does not compress unless there are air bubbles.  It
deforms just fine, but squeeze it in here and it bulges out over there.  I
thought gas-free liquids were the same way.

Jim in Vermont