[SEL] Magneto coil question

Mark Shulaw frappi at wcoil.com
Fri May 8 09:45:48 PDT 2009

Hi Jerry,
  A solid steel core will retain magnetism. A laminated core will
not. This is important because for good induction we need to go from
zero magnetism to full then back to absolute Zero. If a magnetic
field remains in a core we do no get that. Its the raising and
"complete" collapse of the magnetic field that we need to create or
induce the voltage in the secondary windings.   This is the short and
sweet of it.    Theres more in the detailed scientific theory but
that's all we really need to know.    Mark