[SEL] Magneto coil question

Bob W7AVK rolfb at accima.com
Fri May 8 10:02:03 PDT 2009

Jerry - Very good reason to make the core laminated.  To reduce what's
called eddy currents which if the laminates were not insulated from each
other would hurt the efficiency of the device.  Do a google on "Eddy
Current loss" for many hits. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetic_core

Regards,

Bob
Moses Lake, WA.  USA