[SEL] Pioneer Gen-E-Motor

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Sun Mar 1 10:43:27 PST 2009

Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 07:20:37 +0900
>From: "peter ogborne" <jopeter at omninet.net.au>
>Subject: Re: [SEL] Pioneer Gen-E-Motor
>
>Thanks Jerry, a picture of the Briggs engine would be great .It would help
>me in my search for one....maybe I'll be lucky . I will press ahead with the
>Villiers conversion anyway .It would not be the first US /Pom marriage.

Hi Peter,
         My Briggs NP is stripped and in a box at present (waiting for
parts) but there is a pic and information about halfway down this page:
<http://www.asecc.com/data/briggs/engnotes.html>
(Mine is not a kickstart version as per this pic - rope start or, when
coupled to the genny, electric start.)
         The Anglo-American thing should look good though.
         The Briggs was pretty common in the US but maybe you will battle
in Aus. When I got mine the carb was missing but an American friend found
me a complete (albeit very rusty) engine at Portland 2 years ago for US$
5.00 - he sent me the carb and a few small bits I needed and kept the rest
for spares.

Keep the revs up (or down)
Jerry Evans
<www.oldengine.org/members/evans/plates/index.htm>