[SEL] Manilla Rally 2009

Patrick pml1 at bigpond.net.au
Sun Jun 7 22:27:24 PDT 2009

Another excellent rally at Manilla. We left home at 3.50am and arrived in
Manilla at 9.50am. The Austral was unloaded and running within 20 minutes.
The weather was fine both days although there was a massive downpour at
about 3am Sunday morning, thankfully we were staying at the pub rather than
in a tent.
The Austral did not miss a beat all weekend and is going well for its 92nd
year. There were a lot of nice engines but my favourite was a scale model of
the Waterloo Boy Tractor which took 7020 hours to build. It ran and drove
just like the full scale version:
http://www.oldengine.org/members/pml/man09/pages/0906050175_JPG.htm

We made sure a space was kept for Reg and Peter but neither made it:
http://www.oldengine.org/members/pml/man09/pages/0906050175_JPG.htm

More pics from the rally at:
http://www.oldengine.org/members/pml/man09/index.htm

Patrick M Livingstone