[SEL] : Re: My bad-Rob/Helen

Larry Evans lfevans at pacbell.net
Mon Jul 13 16:30:33 PDT 2009

Hi...........

In regards to Jerry's thoughts on web page picture size here is a small
page I put together about a year ago:

http://www.oldengine.org/members/levans/thrall/index.htm

I was kind of experimenting with image sizes and tried the thumbnails at
320 x 240 pixels.  They are big enough in their own right to see pretty
good detail and the file sizes average around 30 KB.  Clicking on the
thumbnail doubles the dimensions to 640 x 480 and the file size is around
90 KB.  On the pages with the larger pictures I have a link to the original
full size pictures which are 2272 x 1704 pixels and probably average around
2 MB per picture.

I'd be interested in thoughts (especially from dial-up users) regarding
this general format for future pages.

Regards,
Larry (the other Evans)