[SEL] : Re: My bad-Rob/Helen

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Tue Jul 14 10:00:58 PDT 2009

At 06:00 PM 14/07/2009, you wrote:
>Message: 5
>Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 16:30:33 -0700
>From: Larry Evans <lfevans at pacbell.net>
>Subject: Re: [SEL] : Re:  My bad-Rob/Helen
>To: The SEL email discussion list <sel at lists.stationary-engine.com>
>
>Hi...........
>
>In regards to Jerry's thoughts on web page picture size here is a small
>page I put together about a year ago:
>
>http://www.oldengine.org/members/levans/thrall/index.htm
>
>I was kind of experimenting with image sizes and tried the thumbnails at
>320 x 240 pixels.  They are big enough in their own right to see pretty
>good detail and the file sizes average around 30 KB.  Clicking on the
>thumbnail doubles the dimensions to 640 x 480 and the file size is around
>90 KB.  On the pages with the larger pictures I have a link to the original
>full size pictures which are 2272 x 1704 pixels and probably average around
>2 MB per picture.
>
>I'd be interested in thoughts (especially from dial-up users) regarding
>this general format for future pages.
>
>Regards,
>Larry (the other Evans)

Hi Larry,
         I like it. It's a bit more work but well worth it. The thumbnails
are big enough to see if you want to look at the pic - the 2nd size is nice
and if you want to see real detail you can go to the third size and use up
a bit of bandwidth. I think that's even acceptable to dialup users - it's
their choice if they want to see the pic.

Keep the revs up (or down)
Jerry Evans
<www.oldengine.org/members/evans/plates/index.htm>