[SEL] Cracked Head/Vee grinding

Germoamer at aol.com Germoamer at aol.com
Sun Jan 25 06:26:28 PST 2009

In a message dated 1/24/2009 1:50:53 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jerrye at databak.co.za writes:

I'm no expert but have always been told NOT to use a grinder (of
the abrasive type) to vee out a groove for cast iron welding as the
abrasive (carborundum??) particles left behind in the metal may cause
problems with the weld. I've always been told to only use a  file!

Jerry,

You are correct in not using abrasive type grinding tips to clean up  metal
for epoxy repairs.  What I have are a couple of air die grinders  and use high
speed/carbide cutting tips to do the work.

Tom  Schmutz
Concord,  Va.
germoamer at AOL.com

steps!