[SEL] Cracked Head/Vee grinding

Elden DuRand edurand at mchsi.com
Sat Jan 24 14:31:02 PST 2009

Jerry:

Just get a solid carbide rotary file for the die grinder.  I've used 'em a few times and have had no adhesion problems.

I do have some of that aluminum solder stuff you occasionally see at flea markets.  They say to NOT use steel wire brushes to clean the surfaces of the aluminum before soldering.  Only use brass or bronze bristle brushes.  I've used that stuff and it works reasonably well if you can get enough heat to the area.

Take care - Elden
http://www.oldengine.org/members/durand