[SEL] Where is everyone?

Arnie Fero fero_ah at city-net.com
Fri Jan 23 13:15:19 PST 2009

Hi Jim,

My dad was a machinist and did teach me a lot.  Sadly, I also ignored a lot of what
he was trying to teach me when I was in my teens.  I knew it all.  Now, later in
life, owning a home, I sure do wish I had paid closer attention to the home
maintenance tips & tricks he was trying to teach me.

I too had some experience with that "little button" on a dozer (also in the 60's).
My buddies and I would go play on the machinery where they were putting in a road
and a housing plan.  We never started anything, but we did manage to "drive" them a
number of feet on the starter motor.  We heard later that the cops were looking for
whoever it was who had burned out the starter motor, clutch, etc.  BIG BUKS repair I
heard.  8->>>

See ya,  Arnie

On Fri, January 23, 2009 3:51 pm, Kangas, James G. wrote:
>      You're right and that's why I love pre WW I technology. It's
> open,accessable,teachable,and understandable to anyone willing to put a little
> effort in  to it.
> You're luckily to have a Dad like you did. Mine despite being raised on a farm was
> not mechanically inclined and in fact seemed to disdain those that were. So I was
> left to my own devices. In the '60s they were building the Inter-State near my home
> and I learned that really big machines could be started with a really small
> button.When no one was around of course.

believed to be clean.