[SEL] Where is everyone?

Michael Tucker oldironnut at alltel.net
Fri Jan 23 13:48:15 PST 2009

On Jan 23, 2009, at 4:15 PM, Arnie Fero wrote:
> I too had some experience with that "little button" on a dozer (also
> in the 60's).
> My buddies and I would go play on the machinery where they were
> putting in a road
> and a housing plan.  We never started anything, but we did manage to
> "drive" them a
> number of feet on the starter motor.

You city boys!!!!  If I wanted to go start a dozer I went out to where
we parked the equipment and started our dozer.  In seriousness to the
thread here, kids today that are raised around tractors and other
equipment still learn a lot about how to work on relatively simple
engines.  I know that's how a I got infected with old iron disease.
Growing up, keeping our '48 SC Case, which is sitting in our barn
overhang now, running and ready for work was my responsibility.  It's
not a hit-n-miss open crank engine but it's pretty clear how the suck-
squeeze-bang-blow concept is applied.  Playing with our engines and
tractors has certainly served Lincoln well as he takes on the
restoration of his '70 Jeep Gladiator truck.

See ya',
Mike

Michael Tucker
oldironnut at alltel.net