[SEL] Buzz saw

Andy Glines andyglines at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 25 11:53:56 PST 2009

> 10. Re: Buzz saw (David Rotigel)
> Message: 10
> Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 09:23:02 -0500
> From: David Rotigel <rotigel at me.com>
> Subject: Re: [SEL] Buzz saw

> It can also be done by eye. We are not making cabinetry with these
> things! 1/16 inch each way (giving a 1/8 [plus blade width]) kerf
> should be about right.
> Dave
> PS, hell, I use a crescent wrench to "set" my drag saw blades.

Thanks Dave, My blade is 1/8" thick so the amount of set that you recommend will work good. I was getting ready to use a small monkey wrench that I have. I may even make a wrest buy cutting a slot into a piece of bar stock.  How far down should I bend the teeth?  Do I only bend it near the tip? about 1/2 way or all of the way down to the gullet? My blade is 1/8" thick so the amount of set that you recommend will work good.