[SEL] Back to the Briggs coil

Mark Shulaw frappi at wcoil.com
Tue Feb 24 21:17:15 PST 2009

Hi Bill, You are correct, that number does cross into the points ign Briggs
engines as they junk the points-condenser stuff and whip that coil in to
replace it all. Works on the Briggs but not on the Maytag. Don't know
why  but I am sure some engineer could tell us. Maybe it could work with
the right modifications but what they are other then getting it fit to the
Maytag post I don't know. I know the Briggs magnets are WAY stonger then
the Maytag. Could be there is a contact internally that trips open with the
strong Briggs magnetic field.                  Mark