[SEL] piston rings

Arnie Fero fero_ah at city-net.com
Mon Apr 27 12:16:11 PDT 2009

Hi Jerry,

I've tried using cable ties in lieu of a ring compressor and did not have success.
The rings just weren't compressed down below the surface of the piston.  Hose clamps
have worked well however.

I also don't see being able to apply enough "squeeze" to a water or fuel line with a
cable tie to make a difference.

If you've had success with both, GREAT.  That success may not be universal.

See ya,  Arnie