[SEL] Petter Restore, progress report #4

frank skinner marinesurveys at msn.com
Mon Apr 27 03:13:54 PDT 2009

Hi All;
Well it's been s struggle but I'm down to almost the Block & Crankshaft.
Remaining is the back housing {Timing Gear Cover } this wont be bad to remove.
The Transmission / reduction was a fight, but the hot blue wrench won.
Now to tackle the stuck pistons, I'm rigging a hydraulic ram to ease
the # 2 down a bit then disconnect both Conn. Rods.
Items that remain frozen, both pistons, 2 lifters, & the Flywheel,
all have been soaking for days now.

PS;  I'd Commit a SERIOUS crime to get my hands on a workshop / overhual manual
the Hand book I have isn't a lot of help in this respect.

And the rust goes on, and the rust goes on :)

        Franklin S. Skinner
    Marine Surveyor & Consultant
3428 Talon Court Wilmington NC 28409
       34'10.9 North 74'52.4 West