[SEL] Fairbanks Morse N

Al Harris al.harris at rustic-engines.com
Wed Apr 15 01:04:03 PDT 2009

The AB33 you can see sitting on my engine ready to be struck by the
diagonally cut cam gear which Hit n miss say ONLY is supplied for the 1.5hp.

Isn't it an annoyance when you read things like that and then be told
that it is not correct. Maybe Hit n miss should be told. Not by me though.

I already have the date Edd (1923) and there is a diag cut gear on the
crankshaft and to attempt to keep it original I am seeking a diagonally
cut cam gear (which I reiterate, Hit n Miss only sell as a 1.5hp item).

I'm not arguing, I'm just stating what Hit n Miss have in their parts
list. If this is not correct, it really doesn't matter, I still require
a diag cut cam gear. :-)

> http://www.hitnmiss.com/7.html

Cheers,

Al Harris
Summer Clarence Coast NSW Oz

al.harris at rustic-engines.com

Edd Payne wrote:
> Hi All.No I didn't miss that word.The 1.5&2HP Zs are the same engine.I have
> them in both HPs with straight and diagonal gears and all parts
> interchange.(as long as you use all the same style of gears)The diagonal
> gears were only used on Zs with the AB33/34 mags and only for about a year.I
> can be more specific if you wish but at the moment don't have time to go
> through my books to get accurate dates ECT.
> EDD PAYNE
> PO Box 364 Gulgong N.S.W
> Australia
> 2852