[SEL] Penetrating oil

Tony & Jackie kimmell at verizon.net
Fri Apr 10 17:12:39 PDT 2009

Mark,
I think naphtha would probably eat the paint too.  I think lighter
fluid or kerosene would be a good alternative.

I've used ATF and diesel fuel as a penetrant before.  Had an old
two-stroke Detroit Diesel that had been sitting for years with the
piston ports uncovered and it froze up tight.  I filled the cylinders
with the diesel ATF mix and let it sit for about a week.  Put a big
breaker bar on the crank and she popped loose with a little effort.

-Tony