[SEL] Penitrating oil

Mark Shulaw frappi at wcoil.com
Thu Apr 9 17:14:04 PDT 2009

Since acetone is so harsh on paint and we would not want to use the
ATF-Acetone combination on an engine with original paint we may be
trying to preserve,  I wonder if we substituted Naptha or lighter
fluid for the Acetone if that would affect the penetrating rust
breaking characteristics. It would still thin it down. The ATF would
still have its natural tendencies to creep.  And the Naptha would
eventually evaporate for the most part like the acetone, just not as
quickly. And leave most paints largely unmolested.    Mark

Mark Shulaw
454 Co. Rd. 33
Bluffton, OH. 45817  USA

Frappi at wcoil.com / 419.358.5206  Home / 419.516.2996 Ver. Cell.
Hobby Collector and Dealer in Maytag Multi-Motor Engine parts.
Check out the Maytag Collectors Club web site   www.Maytagclub.com