[SEL] OT ..congrats to the US

peter ogborne jopeter at omninet.net.au
Sun Nov 9 01:40:38 PST 2008

Thanks Arnie for your reasoned and restrained reply.
I understand your passion for your system ,likewise mine for our system.
Multiple voting does not work here as i said before electrol roll, name
crossed of as you vote...you can not vote more than once .

Guns ,well what frightens me is the number of guns you have ,the ordinary
citizen . I have nothing against guns they are a needed in particular
circumstances but not to have every second citizen carrying one ...idiots
included.It must be easier to control the guns rather than the idiots .I
know this will evoke a flood of impassioned response,so be it .I am just
voicing an opinion and please dont think I am questioning your politcal
system.As I stated before I just was pleased to see a bigger than normal
turn out to vote .The result ,well I dont know enough about Obama but I did
feel that Bush was not the person your country needed or deserved. No more
political OT from me but if there is any insulting vitriol may be I will
reply off list.