[SEL] OT ..congrats to the US

Mark Shulaw frappi at wcoil.com
Thu Nov 6 05:34:07 PST 2008

I understand that, I was just commenting that it resembled the type of
voting that they used to have (maybe still do) in Russia.  Mark

At 03:02 AM 11/6/08, you wrote:
>Ummm, it's not compulsory to vote for a _particular_ candidate, and
>there's usually at least a handful to choose from. ;-)
>
>Here's the AEC FAQ page:
>http://www.aec.gov.au/FAQs/Voting_Australia.htm
>
>And a rather concise history and discussion of the points for and
>against compulsory voting:
>http://www.aec.gov.au/pdf/voting/compulsory_voting.pdf
>
>Most flavors of democracy involve both rights and responsibilities, but
>if this is one you don't want to participate in, the vote is secret and
>you can always make it informal.
>
>Cheers, glen.
>
>Mark Shulaw wrote:
> > You  have Compulsor voting????  Even though I disagree with folks who
> don't
> > vote  I find the idea of compulsory voting repugnant.
> > Personally, I have never missed a voting day since I came of voting age.
> > 22-23 years ago and wouldn't dream of missing one but being forced too
> > seems wrong too. Reminds me of the stories of the elections in Russia and
> > the vote would almost always by unanimous for the party choice.   Mark

Mark & Christine Shulaw
454 Co. Rd. 33
Bluffton, OH. 45817  USA            Email: Frappi at wcoil.com

Your one stop on line source for Maytag Multi-Motor parts.
Parts lists available on request.

Weekdays & Saturday 10 AM to 9 PM Eastern Time 419.358.5206
No Sunday calls if possible.
I am not an employee or licensed dealer for Maytag Corp. Nor do I represent
them in any way shape or form. I am only a Collector, Preservationist and
hobby dealer of Maytag manufactured items of old.   Mark