[SEL] OT ..congrats to the US

Glen Harris astfgl at iamnota.org
Thu Nov 6 00:02:02 PST 2008

Ummm, it's not compulsory to vote for a _particular_ candidate, and
there's usually at least a handful to choose from. ;-)

Here's the AEC FAQ page:
http://www.aec.gov.au/FAQs/Voting_Australia.htm

And a rather concise history and discussion of the points for and
against compulsory voting:
http://www.aec.gov.au/pdf/voting/compulsory_voting.pdf

Most flavors of democracy involve both rights and responsibilities, but
if this is one you don't want to participate in, the vote is secret and
you can always make it informal.

Cheers, glen.