[SEL] Source for 8" flywheels

Elden DuRand edurand at mchsi.com
Mon May 12 07:42:09 PDT 2008

Joe:

Good thinking!  Now, all I gotta do is find some barbell weights!  With the price of rough cast small flywheels, I've been looking for alternatives and yours is promising.  Of the possibilities, I've thought of scouting a junkyard for an auto flywheel I can cut up and machine.

I'd prefer to make the wheels out of cast because it is easier to machine.

Take care - Elden
http://www.oldengine.org/members/durand