[SEL] no longer patching compounds

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Sun Mar 30 22:23:54 PDT 2008

  > G'day Wakai-san,
> I double-checked;  ten bucks to Nippon is what the USPS quotes for a
> one pound package/envelope.  I'll hold on to the goods until the next
> transient engineman passes through the 'hood.
>
> If you're looking for fun stuff during your next stay, be sure to
> check the calendar:  http://wapa.us/calendar.html   I strongly
> recommend the show on May 4.  It's held at the March Field air
> museum.  The antique truck guys will be there, and it appears that
> there will also be an air show that weekend.
>
> When I've been in the past, at least since it was an active air base,
> there has been no iron in the air.  The flyer shows four strangely
> painted F-16's in a tight formation, so maybe this year the
> Thunderbirds will dazzle us with some precision at high speeds.
>
> ロブ スキナー

The reason for the price is that they no longer ship small items by ship
like they used to. They now all go air freight via TA DA- Fed-EX. This
change occurred about 8 months ago. My BIL lives in Japan and we usually
send him Christmas presents and other items during the year. The rate
went WAY up.

The USPS is still the cheaper way though. I priced a parcel with USPS,
Fed-Ex and UPS and even though the USPS used Fed-Ex the rate was still 5
bucks cheaper. If you want to save even more, use the postal calculator
online and pay for everything before you go to the PO, you can print out
a shipping label and any forms you need and have it ready to go when you
walk in the door, you will save 5-7 bucks at the least.

--
Steve Williams
Firefighter,EMT