[SEL] O.T. Bagnall Diesel Locomotive

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Fri Mar 28 09:40:30 PDT 2008

Hi Guys,
         It's me again with another "Off Topic" post but ultimately it does
concern an engine ( a dirty great big diesel one).

         This one is aimed at the Brits (Dave Croft & Co. :-))

         I'm looking for a pic or artwork for a "badge" on the front of a
Bagnall Diesel Locomotive - this one:
         <http://www.sandstone-estates.com/interim/Bagnall/index.html>

         The 4th pic from the top shows a view of the radiator housing -
there is a "circular" spot on the top of the housing that lends itself to a
"Badge", "Crest" or "Makers Plate" and the owner wants me to come up with
something.

         Direct link to the pic is:
<http://www.sandstone-estates.com/interim/Bagnall/Bagnall_Locomotive_Works_No_3204_4.jpg>

(It seems to have broken in half on my mail programme - I'm sure you guys
will be able to sort it out!

         From my searches on the net I do not believe that there was ever a
plate there (just, maybe a "headlight")  but they want me to make something
for that spot and, who am I to complain - "business is business" after all.

         If all else fails I will make a "Fantasy Plate" to fill the spot.

         Thanks in advance.

Keep the revs up (or down)
Jerry Evans
www.oldengine.org/members/evans/plates/index.htm