[SEL] no longer patching compounds

Rob Skinner rskinner at rustyiron.com
Sun Mar 30 12:52:39 PDT 2008

On Mar 30, 2008, at 6:14 AM, William Young wrote:

> Rob-san,
>  (1) Please excuse the delay.  My heart rate is just now slowing
> down to normal after reading the shipping rate ($10 ) for a $12 T-
> shirt.  You must have been thinking of shipping it over by that
> famous air carrier FedSex -- for those who need it over night.  Hang
> on to the T-shirt.  Keep an eye open for the next ark coming over..
> Or better yet, keep an ear open for some engine guy ( and gal ) who
> plans to take me up on my offer of bed and breakfast to any
> travelers this way.  Numerous natives from the hinterlands have
> stayed here from time to time, as have several Kiwis.

G'day Wakai-san,
I double-checked;  ten bucks to Nippon is what the USPS quotes for a
one pound package/envelope.  I'll hold on to the goods until the next
transient engineman passes through the 'hood.

If you're looking for fun stuff during your next stay, be sure to
check the calendar:  http://wapa.us/calendar.html   I strongly
recommend the show on May 4.  It's held at the March Field air
museum.  The antique truck guys will be there, and it appears that
there will also be an air show that weekend.

When I've been in the past, at least since it was an active air base,
there has been no iron in the air.  The flyer shows four strangely
painted F-16's in a tight formation, so maybe this year the
Thunderbirds will dazzle us with some precision at high speeds.

ロブ スキナー