[SEL] OT: shipping: was Re: patching compounds

Rupert rwenig2 at xplornet.com
Sun Mar 30 07:16:39 PDT 2008

	Is that the total fee Fedex charge you? If so, your lucky. I had a
parcel shipped by Fedex ground a month ago from the US to me in Canada
with shipping paid up front. The parcel came in about 5 days which is
fairly fast for cross border shipping. About a month later I got a bill
from from Fedex for broker fee, government tax, COD fee and some other
charges which came to more than the original order of under $20 US. UPS
and Purolator have similar extra charges.
	I find the only reasonable shipper for small orders is USPS. Only have
to pay our post office a COD (usually $5) and any taxes. Besides, orders
under $40 usually come through tax free.

Rupert