[SEL] patching compounds

John Hall jthall at worldnet.att.net
Fri Mar 28 19:09:15 PDT 2008

 I believe we paid $280 for what we bought last week. Like I said originally
it's a little more high -tech and I'm a firm believer in you get what you
pay for. If you think its a rip-off you need to consider who it is made
for--industry. I'd never use it to fix an IH LB or a Fairbanks D (unless I
already had it on hand), but if I had an engine worth more than a good used
pickup truck, I don't believe I'd want to patch something important with
"Elmers" glue. Don't get me wrong, JB-Weld and Loc-weld have their place but
sometimes you need something better.

 FWIW, we considered something by Devcon but decided this would be better
for our application. I have looked at Devcon in years past and they appear
to have some nice products that are considerably cheaper and more readily
available.

John Hall